We are pleased to announce we are expanding the team at Glaziers Hall, and have the position of Head of Event Operations reporting directly to the Managing Director available.
About Glaziers Hall
Situated between the River Thames, with unrivalled views over the City, and London’s cultural Southbank and Borough Market, Glaziers Hall offer five flexible spaces for presentations, conferences, receptions and dinners. Accommodating 10-600 guests, the rooms are commercially hired to corporate and private clients. Glaziers Hall has undergone a business turnaround over the past five years with a change of management turning the old Livery Hall into a viable and successful event venue in the busy London Bridge Quarter. Glazers Hall looks after 400+ events per annum and was Host to the House of Switzerland (Olympic house during 2012) and HIRO House the first sporting members club in London for the duration for the Rugby World Cup in 2015.
The Head of Event Operations will take ownership the following tasks:
- Management and responsibility of commercial event delivery process delivering timely and profitable events for the business in order to exceed annual budgets
- Liaise closely with events, facilities and accounts departments to ensure the business is informed and up to date of changes and client requests ensuring no risk to the business.
- Team management including day-to-day training development of full time and zero hour staff alongside day to day management of externally sourced staff
- Creation and management of working rota management and staff time keeping
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written and demonstrable at all levels
- Computer literate delivering day to day event reports in a timely manner of post event costs for invoicing
- Management of client bars and wine service including stock control via accurate consumption reporting at the end of the event
- Attend and report at weekly team event liaison meetings
- Maintain good working relationships with internal livery companies and our local network and neighbourhood including Better Bankside, where appropriate contributing to the collective’s ideals and success
- Profit and loss pre and post event reports on large scale events to maintain costs within allocated budgets and forecasted targets
- Successfully deliver annually set KPIs and undertake professional development as required
- Contribute to special projects deemed suitable by the Managing Director (local, London or UK that may be of interest to GHL) to successfully tender for ad hoc opportunities and high value/ high profile projects
- Occasionally representing the business alongside the event department at networking and industry events maximising all new business development opportunities including seasonal or special projects
- Maintain excellent working relationships with project partners and existing suppliers, to enhance referral and business opportunities
Please send your CV to Leona@glaziershall.co.uk if you have the required skills and experience.