- Identity and contact details including name, email address and telephone number.
- Usage and technical data about how you use our website including data about your browsing actions and patterns.
- If you are submitting an enquiry, we may request data that helps us tailor a response to you regarding our services, for example your location.
- Marketing and communications data.
- We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (for example, details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, political opinions or information about your health).
- Glaziers Hall uses different methods to collect data from and about you including through direct interactions and automated technologies or interactions. Direct interactions cover situations when your personal information is provided through correspondence on the website. Automated interactions occur during use of our website where technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns is automatically collected. This is collected through cookies, server logs and other similar technology and through our use of Google Analytics. Google Analytics helps us to understand how and when people access the site, which pages they click to and leave. This ensures we create and update our content in line with guests’ experience- meaning a more user friendly site for you
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- Where we have your consent;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do no override those interests; and/or
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
|Purpose/Activity||Lawful basis for processing|
|To process and respond to any requests or enquiries submitted by you||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to run our business) To take steps to enter into a contract with you.|
|To administer and protect our business, website and software programmes (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data).||Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud etc.) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation|
|To send you marketing information and materials about our products and services.||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy) Consent|
|To deliver relevant website content to you and use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences.||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our website updated and relevant, to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to the customer organisation that you are employed or engaged by about goods or services that may be of interest.||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)|
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. Please note no personally identifiable information is recorded; a cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- All computers have the ability to decline cookies. You can easily decline or remove cookies from your computer using the settings within the Internet Options section in your computer control panel. Please note this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- We may share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you or where we have another lawful basis for doing so.
- We may need to share your personal information with the following parties for the relevant purposes set out above:
- Our service providers supplying IT and system administration services and other technical IT services, such as Google Analytics or Salesforce;
- Our professional advisors who provide consultancy, legal and accounting services
- We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Details of these measures may be obtained from us using the details in the “Contacting us” section below.
- We have also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
- We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- By law we have to keep basic information about our customers for six years after they cease being customers for tax and other legal purposes. We may retain your contact details for these purposes.
- In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see section below for further information.
- Please note that we may also anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal information. This may include the following rights:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information. This right applies where we are relying on our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party (known as the “right to data portability”).
- If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us using the details in our “Contacting us” section below.
- You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
- We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
- We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. This is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) whose details can be accessed via the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
- We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please do get in touch using the details in our “Contacting us” section below.
- We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
- If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please let us know using the “Contacting us” details below.
- Our postal address is: 9 Montague Close, London Bridge, London SE1 9DD, UK.
- It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.