As it has always been, the safety and security of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure your travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve.
We take great pride in maintaining the highest levels of in relation to Health & Hygiene and cleanliness. In light of Covid-19 we have taken a number of additional measures in relation to the environment we provide for our visitors, in line with WHO guidelines.
Glaziers Hall has established a new standard in respect to social distancing and cleanliness to ensure our attendees to the venue are in a safe environment.
These initiatives include:
- The hall will be deep cleaned and certificated as such prior to the return of our customers.
- We have increased the number of sanitiser points throughout the hall.
- We have divided the hall into 3 separate floors, so as to keep companies/people apart.
- We have joined with a supplier to provide all meals as packaged, so as to ensure a safe and speedily service of lunches and breakfasts. This will help people to avoid queuing.
- We will be temporarily removing paper amenities (like pads of paper, hand towels).
- We continue to have all extraction systems cleaned regularly.
- We continue to test our water on a monthly basis for signs of legionella.
- Upon our operational staff returning to work, they will undergo training in relation to our new measures and standards and enhanced operational protocols.
- We will continue to develop our food offerings in accordance with any developing food safety recommendations and guidelines.
- We have been working with our Health & Safety auditors to develop our practices and checks to enable a safe return to work for our employees, as well as ensuring the venue is safe for all attendees.
- We have secured (limited) parking for use by staff and visitors to the hall, who otherwise may have to use public transport.